Stephen and Mari-Anne’s wedding was such a lovely day. With a small, intimate ceremony at the beautiful St. Cuthbert’s Church in the tiny village of Kirkleatham, followed by a wedding breakfast overlooking the sea at Vista Mar in Saltburn-by-the-Sea and a big evening party for all their friends and family. I love this couple’s focus on family for their wedding day and all the Beatles references; using song lyrics on the favours and famous place names for the tables!
Have a look at the full set here.
It was a beautiful autumn day for the engagement shoot of the lovely Joanne and Thomas. We went for a stroll around the picturesque Hardwick Park, near Sedgefield in County Durham, a favourite spot of theirs and a great place for an engagement shoot with lots of different backdrops to choose from. The rain clouds managed to hold off for most of the session and we were even were blessed with some brief sunshine! Although, I do love the effect of light shining through the water droplets in the air during a brief shower.
Here is a selection of some of my favourites, to see the full set (password protected) click here.
Welcome to the new blog for Rowan Coombs Photography!
My name is Alice and I am a wedding photographer based in County Durham.
One of the most important parts of choosing a wedding photographer (apart from their ability to take beautiful pictures) is finding someone you are comfortable with, and so to that end, I thought i’d break the ice and introduce myself with some facts about me:
- My first camera was a disposable wind-up, which mainly took shots of the bottom of my bag.
- My second camera was a Canon 5D Mark II SLR and it really opened up my eyes to what a phenomenal piece of equipment a camera can be and how much fun it is to use.
- I think weddings are one of the few occasions in life when inhibitions are lost and you become completely happy with yourself. As such, I love them – and am so honoured to be asked to be involved in someone else’s day.
- When I’m not working I love taking my dog for long walks in the countryside.
- I can spend hours on end in a good second hand bookshop (…book recommendations welcome!)
So that’s a bit about me, the following blogs will focus more on the photography side of things, but please get in touch for a chat/details if you want to know anything more.